Sunday, October 5, 2008

New stuff!!!

Ok, I have to admit, I could spend a whole day in Mardel's. After 3 hours in Mardel, Madison and I came home with lots of new stuff!

I have finally picked up the Frog Street Press cds for the alphabet A to Z as well as the shapes. I already had the colors. So, now they can hear someone else's voice too. Besides after looking over the alphabet, I don't know some of those tunes.

We picked up the Frog Steet press alphabet to go on the wall. We got some cool new things from Frog Street Press for matching colors, shapes and alphabets. They are all cut AND laminated. Now of course they have to be cut and some hung up.

While at Mardel's I found the new Mr. Pencil things from Frog Street Press. (Yes, I am liking the Frog Stree Press stuff!) They have a new writing concept. I found it really neat and yes, I picked some of it up. We got some paper and some name strips for our tables. I have written the children's names on them, laminated them and they are ready to put on the tables. I will also be sending one home for them to practice (I forgot to laminate those.)
The writing concept.... There is a blue line at the top with at cloud at the left side to represent the sky. There is a green line on the bottom with a flower in grass at the left to represent grass. The dotted line in the middle is referred to as the fence. When the children are writing you teach them to start at the sky and pull down to the grass or they just go to the fence. I thought it was really simple and easy for them to understand. I think it will help out with our writing skills.

I also picked up some new books to go along with our curriculum... of course Frog Street Press. I picked up the big book, Best Ideas from A to Z. I picked up the Quick and Easy Book of Circle Time things that has books to make and additional things to add to our fun. Also, while I was looking for fall things, I found the Quick and Easy Book of Fall Ideas.

I picked us up an easy to understand poster of Jesus and his 12 Disciples. They are all labeled by name. That will help me out too. I also picked up a book of fingerplays and songs to go with our Bible stories.

Did I mention that this weekend, I picked up a dressable Weather Frog? He is really cute. So, now we have to turn our song from Weather Bear to Weather Frog.

To top it off.... I picked up a catalog. There was so much more that I wanted to buy. Of course I just did NOT have the money for it all. So, a little at a time.

1 comment:

Billie said...

And I'm sure the kiddos will benefit so much from your shopping extravaganza!