Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Unit 9 (November 17-21)




Bible lesson for the week: Moses


Monday: God feeds the people of Isreal
Every morning for breakfast God would drop pieces of bread from the sky for His people to eat. At night God would send birds that tasted like chicken for His people to eat for supper. God takes care of His children.

Tuesday: Water flows from the rock
God's people were thirsty. God told Moses to hit the rock with his stick and all of a sudden water would come out of the dry rock. There would be a river for God's people to drink from. Moses obeyed and God's people were able to have water to drink.

Wednesday: God gives the 10 Commandments to Moses
God gave Moses two flat stones with very important messages on them. These messages are the 10 Commandments. These commandments are God's rules for us to live by.
(We went over the commandments and talked about them. I showed them where they were located at on our wall.)

Thursday: the People pray to a golden calf
God's people are disobeying God by praying to a baby cow they made out of gold. God wants us to only pray to Him. God is very disappointed in them and is going to punish them. Moses is so upset that he throws the flat stones and breaks them.

Friday: Moses talks to God
Moses goes to a tent to talk to God. The Lord is in the big cloud at the door of the tent. God talks to Moses in a big cloud. We cannot see God, but we can talk to Him anytime we want. God always sees us even though we can't see Him.


Devotional: (Big Thoughts for Little People)



I is for illness, it keeps us in bed. But soon you'll feel fine and be playing instead.

We talked about how some people in other countries get very sick and can't see a doctor. We should thank God for the doctors and medicine that we have when we are sick.


Bible verse:
I was sick and you visited me. Matthew 25:36


I found another book that I had. It is a good little book. It is titled: "My ABC Bible Verses: Hiding God's Word in Little Hearts" Author: Susan Hunt


I:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

"All things" means all the things God tells us to do in the Bible. The strength that Jesus gives is spiritual strength and the grace we need to obey God's word.

Following is a story about a little girl who has a hard time jumping rope. Another girl comes along and laughs at her. We talked about how that wasn't nice. One girl can jump rope well and the other girl can ride her bike well. The girls agree to help each other practice to do better.


Letter of the week: Ii


Isabella Inchworm
(tune: I'm a Little Teapot)

Isabella Inchworm, will you try
To name some things that begin with "Ii"?

Into and inside and in-between.
Invisible means that you can't be seen!

Indians and igloos and insects too,
And interesting, intelligent kids like you!

The End



Color: Purple


Purple
(tune: Camptown Races)

P-u-r-p-l-e,
Purple, purple.

P-u-r-p-l-e,
Purple's what that spells!

Purple grapes on the vine.
Purple Kool-Aid's fine.

P-u-r-p-l-e,
Purple's what that spells.

The End



Shape: Oval
Oval
(tune: Miss Lucy)


My name is Olive Oval,
I'm not quite round, you see.
Not like my sister circle,
She's much more round than me.
I have no real beginning and
I really have no end.
I am not short, I am not round,
I'm really tall and thin.
I might be in your mirror
Or on your bedroom floor.
I might be on your table or
Even on your door.
My name is Olive Oval.
I'm jolly as can be.
I am the shape your mouth makes
When you say my name with me!


The End



Number: 5

start at the sky, pull down to the fence
curve around to the grass and put a hat on it!



Nursery Rhyme: One, Two, Three, Four, Five


One, two, three, four, five,
Once I caught a fish alive.

Six, seven, eight, nine, ten

Then I let it go again.

Why did I let it go?

Because it bit my finger so.

Which finger did it bite?

This little finger on the right.

Then End




Thanksgiving: We have been talking about the Pilgrims and Native Americans. The Pilgrims came over on the Mayflower from England. They wanted to be able to go to their own church. They didn't want to follow the king's rules. So they got on the Mayflower and headed to America. Upon coming to America, they met up with the Native Americans. They had a big feast together. This was the first Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a day that we are supposed to remember all that we are thankful for. We should actually remember every day. We should remember to thank God everyday for all the blessings that He gives to us.




No comments: